Catastrophe by the Sea
Brenda Peterson, Ed Young
- Beloved author is revered for her nature writing.
- 3X Caldecott Medal illustrator’s work makes this book collectible and giftable.
- Portrays adventure, exploration, and positive character traits of empathy and community.
- Created in partnership with the Seattle Aquarium and Excellent choice for STEM learning and nature studies and a thought-starter for field trips.
- Synopsis: Catastrophe the cat is lost and lonely, which leads him to bully the tide pool creatures. He gets stung by a sea anemone; she and a crab befriend Catastrophe and teach him empathy and what life in a tide pool is like. Two kids come and recognize Catastrophe from the LOST CAT posters. They enjoy the tide pool before taking Catastrophe back. The sea anemones and crabs sing goodbye.